Monday, February 10, 2014

Entering the Field

Hey guys,

Because I won't get another P-Day for a little while because I'll enter the field this week, I get ten minutes to email you today.

So this is how I'm feeling...
- Ready. There is such a huge adventure waiting for me right outside these gates. Sometimes it feels like I'm still in the United States because the MTC is like a bubble. I'm ready to experience my new home!
- Nervous. I've just gotten used to my room, my schedule, my companion and now it's all going to change. Ah! There are so many unknowns right now, it makes me a little crazy. I can't let myself dwell on it, Heavenly Father will guide me every step of the way.
- Excited. If the rest of the Filippino people are as great as the ones I've met here, I can't wait to meet and teach them. They are such genuinely good people. I want to know their names and their lives. I love them all so much already. I want to be a part of their lives.
- A little unsure. I don't know if I can last in this world! My Tagalog has only just started to grow and develop and they're just going to throw me right in! I have to rely on the Lord with all that I am right now. It's tough yet so rewarding. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to stretch and grow.

I love you all so much. I'm so thankful for all of the prayers and support that I've been given. I know that our Heavenly Father is truly mindful of the desires of our hearts. He has already helped me in this journey more than I could ever describe. Give Him your struggles, worries, and fears and he will show you matchless love and comfort.

Until next week,


Sister Lindsay Cork







No comments:

Post a Comment