Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Nobyembre!

Hey y'all, can you believe it's November? How times flies. I finished 10 months today.

So on Wednesday morning I received a phone call telling me that I would be singing for the mission tour on Thursday. I chuckled a little, because I lack a lot of musical ability. But later President called to confirm that I would, indeed be singing for the conference. Because we practiced for several hours, all of the sisters involved slept over at the mission home, which is always a treat. I used a hairdryer for the first time in 10 months. It was awesome. We snacked on ice cream, took hot showers, and squished in bed together and just chatted. On my mission I have become so grateful for sisterhood. What a blessing it is to be a member of such a strong network of women, no matter where in the world you may go. On Thursday we had a fantastic mission tour with Shane Bowen and Lynn G. Robbins. They had wonderful counsel, helping us the improve and further reach our potential. 

In other news, the rats in our apartment have gotten really smart. We don't know how, but they have learned to eat around the food on the trap. This morning we woke up and the trap was snapped close, food gone, no rat. So yeah, that's our current adventure. I always wore a hole through two pairs of shoes this week. We're walking like nobody's business over here in Caloocan City. Life is good!

Sister Cork
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment