Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Hellooo 2015

Happy New Year! It's a crazy place right now here in the Philippines. Last night the streets were packed with people. We could hardly get home. There are no small celebrations here. We had a curfew so we spent the night with hot McDonald's french fries and making homemade lumpia. There are no such things are "illegal fireworks" here so when the clock struck midnight, the entire place erupted in lights and booms. It was so loud the house shook. Air horns, vuvuzela, fireworks, crackers, and more. It went on for about two hours and then slowed down. It was awesome. 

I can hardly believe that this day, last year I stepped on an airplane headed to the Philippines. It's one of the best decisions I have ever made. Looking back on this year, I can see the Lord's hand in my life at nearly every moment. I definitely am not the same person that I was a year ago. I love my life as a missionary. I am so thankful to be here, serving the Lord. The work is hard, demanding, and exhausting in every way, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for 2015. No matter what things we have to face, easy or difficult, he will always be close by.

Love y'all!

Sister Cork
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment