Monday, May 18, 2015

The Unexpected.

Hey y'all! This week went attended a zone training meeting. After that we got some lunch and got a phone call. My companion answered a call from the mission president and as they talked her eyes welled up with big, fat tears. We found out that she needed to quickly pack her bags because she would be emergency transferring in the morning. We were sad, seeing that we have only been together for five weeks. I'm so thankful that I got to Skype with her sweet family on Monday. So we packed up her bags and I sent her on a jeepney to Baliwag. So this week I have enjoyed welcoming my new companion, Sister Rosales, to Balagtas. She is from Bacolod, the land of smiles, and has been in the mission for about 8 months. Back in October we actually thought that I was going to be her trainer. But thankfully I get to be her companion after all. It's funny how things fall into place. She is absolutely lovely. Even though I am sad to say goodbye to Sister Kaifi, Sister Rosales came right on time. She is Ilonggo and speaks my very favorite Filipino dialect, one that I've wanted to learn my whole mission. This week we met an extraordinarily high amount of people that just happened to be Ilonggo and prepared to listen to our message. Heavenly Father has plans for His children, I'm humbled and happy to be a part of it all. This week starts the beginning of my very last transfer as a missionary. I'm going to make the very best of it.


Before Sister Kaifi left we cooked at Bishop's house. She taught us to make roti and yellow curry and I made banana muffins. It was so fun!



A hot afternoon selling mangoes with Lola.

I love this little boy! 

My new companion, Sister Rosales and my favorite friend, RJ Javier. 

The Balagtas Missionaries

A breezy afternoon in the rice fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment