Monday, June 16, 2014

Change is in the Air

Rainy season is finally here. It's so nice to escape from the hot weather for a little bit each day. The big, loud thunderstorms bring heavy rain and flooding. I'm in for quite an adventure. 

And, the big news, I'm transferring to my second area! My new companion will be Sister Resurreccion in Novaliches Stake, Camarin Zone, Deparo 2. I'm excited for the change, but it will be hard to leave Fairview. The people here have truly become my family. I went last night to the Lampong family to tell them all the news. We decided to tell them after we taught so they would pay attention. Holding back tears, I explained to them that I would be moving. After some protests and more explanations to the kids, we knelt together and prayed. As these five sweet children snuggled up to me as I tearfully prayed for Heavenly Father to watch over them I thought my heart would burst. We hugged and promised long letters. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to love them. 

Although it will be hard for me to leave Fairview, I know all of those I have grown to love are in good hands. I'm a little anxious about the move, but excited to make more room in my heart for a new companion, new kabahays, a new ward, and new people. It's amazing how there is no limit to how much or how many people we can love. How hearts always have room for more. 

Being a missionary is pretty exhausting in every way, but the fruits of our labors are so sweet. I love it more with every passing day, which are really starting to add up!.I am eager to see what I have to learn and how I will grow in Camarin.

Mahal,

Sister Cork

No comments:

Post a Comment