Sunday, June 1, 2014

Good Things to Come

On Saturday, my entire mission gathered together for a conference, presided by Elder Craig Christensen. All 215 missionaries filled the chapel. It was fantastic. We’re so lucky to have such powerful, wonderful leaders. Their words filled my heart and inspired me to work harder and better each day. Speaking of hard work, my wonderful companion and I have added 27 new people to our teaching pool in just three short weeks. At the time our days seemed fruitless and harrowing. But needless to say, good things are to come in Fairview. We’re excited to invite these children of Heavenly Father to come unto Christ.

This Sunday I was at stake conference and I saw a little girl tap her sister and sign to her, "Look! That girl has yellow hair!". I signed back to her, "Yes! I'm an American". The look of shock and happiness on her face was priceless. After the meeting was over she pulled my hand and led me to her family. They have two blind sons and a deaf daughter, all adopted. Their story is absolutely beautiful. We sat and chatted for a long time. It was just a joyful moment. I loved it. I'm so thankful for any opportunity to use my American Sign Language here. She used Filipino Sign Language, but we can still understand each other. It was such a sweet experience. We'll never forget it. 

This morning my companion and I took a trip with our kabahays to Wawa Dam. We left at 4:30AM and watched the sun peek over the beautiful green land. It was such a wonderful way to start our morning. What a loving Heavenly Father we have to create such a beautiful earth for his children to inhabit. Swerte tayo (lucky us)! Being a missionary is the greatest. This week I’ll start my sixth month in the Philippines. I’ll probably be moved to a new area in about three weeks, but that’s okay. I have room to grow and improve and I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me here.

Love always,

Sister Cork

No comments:

Post a Comment