Monday, March 16, 2015

Life is an Adventure.

Hey y'all! I snapped a ton of pictures this week, so I thought I'd give you this week's review in pictures. Enjoy!



 A group of us headed down to Manila on Saturday for fingerprinting. I can't believe I'm already close enough to going home that I need to work on immigration stuff. It was a fun day. We got lost about 10 times both going to and coming from the place.

There were six other missions at our fingerprinting session, including some of my favorite friends from the MTC. I haven't seen them for over a year now!

After a long day of paper signing, waiting in lines, and fingerprinting we stopped at an Italian bistro in inner Manila. It was delicious! 

 Birthday dinner with the Alvarez family! We love these sweet kids. We had pancit canton for dinner, a traditional birthday food. We eat noodles on birthdays to have a long, prosperous life. A tradition that comes from the Chinese influence. 
Sunday evening with beautiful Nanay Fuentes. We go each week, sing hymns, and listen to her countless stories about her life raising her 11 children as a single mother. She always has new treats for us to taste too. This is one of my favorite parts of my whole week. 

 Our last minute trip to Wawa Dam in Montalban. Always worth the trip. This time of the year the water is really low, which means the caves were open for a tour!




 A colony of bats flew through the cave right as we went to take a picture. Made for a pretty good one!











Imagine going to fifth grade at 7am, walking 4 miles of mountain roads, and you have to bring your own chair. Pretty cool, huh? 

Ended the day with ice cream sundaes!

Just one more thought... This Tuesday we gave a workshop about recognizing and acting upon the Spirit. It went really well. I learned so much from studying and preparing for the workshop. I feel that I can better recognize the hand of the Lord in my life. Lately I have had a personal goal to better trust in the promises that the Lord has made to me as a child of God if I live worthily. That's become my theme for this transfer, "Trust in His Promises" and the title of our workshop. It's effected every part of my life; personal prayer, scripture study, and decisions about my post-mission life. We have to work every day to obtain trust in our Heavenly Father that he will provide if we will do what he asks of us. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and promise the same blessings to others that I see in my own life. So remember, "trust in the Lord and have hope in His promises." (Marcos Aidukaitis)

No comments:

Post a Comment