Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tracting in Toms

Hey y'all!

What a great week. I have to admit I went to bed on Tuesday night feeling a little overwhelmed. Kabahays, tracting, split area, 8 missionaries in Meycauayan, etc.  I woke up the next morning and just prayed my heart out about the whole new situation. After that I felt as ready as I could have. We studied and welcomed the new sisters to Sto. Nino. Our living room temporarily is a storm of maps, directories, lists, pictures, teaching records, and planners. We are doing our best to help them settle in. Their new assignment is just as hard as ours is. That evening, we took them to meet some of the ward members.  Then on Thursday we started our huge finding project by tracting. I have to say I have been so humbled by this new finding effort. I have seen the Lord open doors for us. He has not only opened the hearts of these people, but also my own. I have discovered in myself a new found courage to speak to people, to knock on their doors, and tell them my purpose. It's been a great experience. You know, once you get past the crushing heat, endless walking, and abrupt rejections, this tracting stuff isn't all that bad. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm actually excited to go out and tract. I can't believe Sister Clark goes home at the end of this transfer. I don't want her to go! This transfer is really going to fly by. It's going to be a great one!

The whole experience makes me remember sleeping over at Gramma's house as a kid. On weekdays, at 10pm, old re-runs of Cheers would start. I loved that show. I actually thought I was seeing them all for the first time! This week I have to agree with Cliff Clavin when Sam asked what the point was to life and he answered, "Comfortable shoes. If you're not wearin' comfortable shoes, life is just chaos. I mean, the greatest accomplishments in history have been made by men wearin' accommodating shoes." So here's to making history this transfer!

Mahal,

Sister Cork















No comments:

Post a Comment