Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello April, Hello Summer

Holy smokes, what a week. Plans changed and I became a threesome this week with Sister Pacquiao (Cebu, PHL) and Sister Muller (Kiribati) for the next 9 days until I transfer to my final area.

On Monday I went bowling with my zone. It was great to be able to spend time with some of my favorite friends for the last time. A lot of our ward members came too. We had a great time. I have been so lucky to serve in such a great area. 
On Tuesday I hit my "100 days" mark. Crazy, right? I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I know that Heavenly Father has a lot in store for me for these remaining days of my mission. I just have to hold on tight and let him continue to teach and guide me.
On Wednesday I got to go to the Manila temple for the first time in far too many months. It was exactly what I needed. I left feeling like a new person. As my days with Sister Clark started to wind down, I was pretty sad. I am going to miss her like crazy. She has been a wonderful companion, friend, and example to me. I am sad to be leaving her early, but I think I need this new assignment in Novaliches just as much as it needs me. 
On Thursday and Friday I went on my last exchanges with Sister McCarthy, my favorite. I love getting to see her. She is doing such a good job training her new companion. I am proud and thankful I got to serve with her. 
On Saturday I was all packed a ready to go when I got a text saying that someone was looking for me at the jeep terminal. We hurried over and it was one of my beloved recent converts and her mom from my last area. They traveled all the way to Meycauayan just to bring me a birthday cake, something they really can't afford. It was such  a sweet and happy reunion. I thought my heart was going to burst with joy. I am so thankful to have met such wonderful people here on my mission. 
And then on Sunday I attended my brand new ward. It's amazing how after a long, crazy week all can be made better by partaking of the sacrament. 

So, there's the update. Hope y'all have a great week. 
Sister Cork






No comments:

Post a Comment