Monday, April 13, 2015

Biglaan

Well, this week turned out a lot differently than I expected. On Wednesday morning I showed up to pick up my new companion and was told that she wouldn't be coming. She has been reassigned to serve a mission in her native Tonga. Another sister was scheduled to train a visa waiter, but at the last minute, the sister received her visa and went straight to the United States. Seeing that there were two of us without trainees, we were made companions. So on Wednesday night, I moved out to Malolos with my new Pakistani companion, Sister Kaifi. She is absolutely lovely. We have quite the big job ahead of us as we open an area that hasn't seen sister missionaries for 25 years. Many of the members have never met sister missionaries before; they call us the "girl Elders". A large majority of my new area is rice fields. It's pretty different from what I'm used to, but I'm way excited. This weekend we got to watch General Conference and it just reminded me how thankful I am to be a part of a gospel with living leaders who hold priesthood authority. And it's super cool that members all over the world have access to their words, in their own native language.  I know it can't possibly be very hot anywhere else because the Philippines has to be sucking up every last degree of heat in the whole world. Y'all don't get too cold out there. Love you all, ingat!


 We spent my last night in Novaliches shelling peas for our dinner with the Ocampo family.




 My new area in Balagtas
Washing clothes: Hour 3 of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment