Monday, April 27, 2015

My Book of Mormon Essay

This Christmas 2014 each of us were gifted with a Book of Mormon with instructions to color code it as we read it and finish it by the month of April. Before we go to zone conference this month we have to write a short summary of our experience. This is my submission and my testimony of The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. 

I loved reading the Book of Mormon with the rest of the mission. I feel like this challenge not only inspired me to restart reading the Book of Mormon in full, but also inspired wonderful discussions in my companionship, district, and zone. The week before our Christmas conference I had just finished reading and studing the Holy Bible from front to back, so when I started reading the Book of Mormon it was with new eyes. I realize now that the Book of Mormon is literally a companion to the Bible. Priesthood, temple ordinances, prophets, revelation, it's all there and more. My love only grows each time I reread this inspired "book of answers" as President Monson called it. In my mind it has come to not only be a book of answers, but a book of hope, a book of learning, and a book of peace. As I studied I color coded the suggested categories as well as marked each instance of healing, whether it be temporal or spiritual. I also drew a red heart each time the people were righteous and a black heart when they hardened their hearts. I was interested to see the pattern of the pride cycle. I feel that the more I read the Book of Mormon the more I understand it. It's as if the language gets simpler and the personal revelation becomes more easy to receive. I have come to learn that sometimes we don't learn from the actual words that are written on the page, but by the whisperings of the Spirit in our heart. As I read each day I found myself fervently thanking my Heavenly Father for the gift that is the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. Through prayerful study I have come to know that he is truly my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Advocate. I have once again started reading the Book of Mormon over again from the beginning and I am eager to once again learn what Heavenly Father needs me to learn this time. 


Want to find out the truth for yourself? Click here to learn more about The Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment