Monday, April 14, 2014

Blessings in Disguise

So all last week I had the flu and had to go to the doctor. I found out that I have a viral infection in my lungs and that I have to be on antibiotics for six weeks, which is no fun. But I'm so thankful to have access to medical care unlike the majority of the people here. Most people get sick from such small things and stay sick for so long. Children really struggle because they can die so easily from things such an pneumonia or a severe flu. I'm so thankful to have access to clean water and medication. It's really the little things in life.

A bright spot in our week is that one of our ward missionary couples were finally able to work with us. They taught three lessons with us and they were fantastic. Every person we visited with them attended church on Sunday. Hopefully our other ward missionaries will be able to work with us soon. I know that their presence adds such an important component to our lessons. We are so thankful for any time they can share with us. I encourage you to go to the missionaries in your ward and offer just a short little amount of time that you could attend a lesson with them. You don't know how much of an impact your testimony makes on investigators. Please, just try it. They will thank you for your efforts to do your part.

This week is going to be one of spiritual highs. We have zone conference, zone training, temple day, and General Conference. I'm so excited to hear from the leaders of our church. I am so thankful to have leaders who work so hard to prepare to teach and guide us. I love hearing the prophet speak and I can't wait to hear his words. Our General Conference is played in four hour blocks with no breaks. I'll have to be sure to take good notes so I pay attention. I'm so excited. 

I love the Philippines. The people here are wonderful, even when they're stubborn. I am so thankful to be a missionary and for the things I learn every day. Heavenly Father loves all of his children, no matter where in the world they reside. Each day I feel the love He has for them and I can't help but love them myself. Trust in Him and he will guide you always. If you're ever feeling down on yourself, try giving someone your time and love and I promise you'll forget all about yourself.

Have a great week. Love y'all!

Sister Cork 

Pictures:
1. Young Women's Activity. Making homemade candies (white sugar & sweetened condensed milk) to earn money for a trip.
2. A hot day at the Manila Temple. We wake up at 2:30am to get there on time!

3. Pilipinos are just plain blunt when it comes to weight. Whether it's to your face or through a sticker, they have no problem mentioning that you're mataba (fat)





No comments:

Post a Comment